Yep, Lallie is having a little baby sister and she is absolutely thrilled! She never would tell us what she wanted, always saying "both" clearly knowing there was only one baby in there. Of course, Lallie is a very diplomatic girl, never giving any preference to one thing or person over the other (except God...she loves Him more than anything, so I guess we're doing something right!)
BUT, on Friday, before we broke the news, I recorded this little ditty. Ahhhhhh, the truth finally comes out! :-)
Husband and I would have been happy either way, but once we found out it was a girl, I think we were both very happy and slightly relieved. With most parents, as long as the baby is healthy, no worries. But with us, having six years with a girl and six years worth of girl stuff....well, let's just say I could hear Husband's wallet breathe a sigh of relief and then happily SLAM SHUT! Hahahaha!
Poor Husband....doesn't he know that infant styles have changed in the last six years? If not, he'll soon find out! (wink, wink. And I can hear his heart beating faster as he reads this.)
I'm afraid I haven't been great about pictures lately. Of Lallie, of maternity wear, of house progress as we prepare for baby....nothing. But here's a quick snapshot.
1. Lallie received all big girl furniture yesterday! We shopped and shopped for the perfect white set she could grow into through college and found a sleigh bed, dresser, chest of drawers, nightstand and a vanity (which trust me, had Husband and I tossing and turning as we weren't sure an almost-six-year-old needed a vanity. But she was SO adorable sitting at it planning out where to keep her lip gloss and nail polishes......Dear Lord, please watch over my carpet!) I'll post pictures once I have all of her wall hangings back up.
2. We started preparing the nursery by moving furniture (rather Husband moving furniture) from Lallie's room to the babies room. We need to paint as well but that will come in the next couple (few) weeks. We did go through ALL THE BABY CLOTHES up to the few things Lallie has grown out of in 4T. It's amazing how much closet space we now have since we removed the stroller, high chair, pack-n-play, bouncer, mattress etc. out of the closet. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Love it! :-)
3. I did a preliminary wash and bleaching of clothes, toys, mattress etc., which I'm sure it will go through another round in the coming months but things up to 3 months are now delightfully sprucing up the closet. Husband set everything up to run the ionic breeze as well to get any smells etc. out. But in South Florida, we don't have attics or basements (thus the lack of closet space) so everything actually held up quite well in the air conditioning.
4. We also bought new living room furniture, cleaned out the playroom and moved everything to Lallie's room and started turning that into a den.
5. I started working on re-covering the glider. The cushions are in great shape, but the fabric, no so much! Years of spit up, drool and toddler snacks did not do wonders for the fabric. I found an easy tutorial on line, so that's my next project.
6. I also started on a few projects of my own in the sewing room. But I can't divulge what they are yet as I started on some projects for Ashleigh's baby too and she hasn't received them yet.
7. Last but not least, I was approved by my wonderful, fabulous, family oriented boss, to work from home two days per week during the first year after baby is born! This is such a huge relief to help me transition and since this is truly our last child, I want to spend as much time at home as possible and also have Lallie with me instead of at Extended Day after school, so the girls can bond. I've worked for my boss for almost ten years now and I feel I've always worked hard (worked from home for 5 months with Lallie without a glitch) so we're going to try this out and see how it works!
I think that's it for now. I did start buying a few things that we no longer have (udder cover, sling, baby monitor, diapers, diaper bag, diaper wipes, diapers, diapers and diapers). I will show you the cute designs I purchased soon.
Happy Thursday Y'all!