1. My new, new favorite nail color. Essie's Skirtin' the Issue. I love it's shiny deep burgundy wine red (don't let the bottle color fool you), a great accessory to my OOTD of black and white (below #7). Gives a little extra zing.
2. Speaking of nails, Lallie would LOVE this glow-in-the-dark nail polish. Might put some in her stocking for Christmas for a little extra fun!
3. Last night we tried a new chicken recipe, Lemon Chicken (think Chinese lemon chicken, but healthier) and it turned out SO yummy! I found it on Disney Family (20 ways to make chicken) and served it with Basmati rice and organic squash and zucchini. It was a hit with the whole family.
Cut up three chicken breasts (1 lb.) into bite size pieces and marinate in 1 tsp. of soy sauce for 30 minutes. In another bowl, mix one egg yolk with 1.5 tbsp corn starch and make a thick batter. Add to the chicken to coat. Add chicken to pan with 2-3 tbsp. canola oil (I used canola/olive oil mix) and cook on each side 3-4 minutes until brown and done. In the meantime, in another pan, combine one lemon zest and juice (1/4 cup) to 1/4 cup water, 1 tsp. cornstarch and 2 tbsp. sugar. Cook down until you have a thick(ish) sauce. Pour chicken chunks over white rice, top with a little lemon sauce and mix together and top with scallions. Yummy!
4. There is a new show on PBS called Martha Stewart's Cooking School. Totally needed in my house as I am not the best cook. There are a few things I cook well but I could really brush up on technique. I'm still not a fan of cooking, but Martha makes it look so easy! Her first show was on how to cook eggs (scrambled, fried, omelet, frittata, hard/soft cooked). Husband and I are absolutely making the Frittata with Fingerling Potatoes on Saturday morning.
5. You know when you're sitting at a traffic light and you look to see another woman plucking her eyebrows right there in the car? I always thought that was strange. Until I started waxing and plucking my own brows a few months ago. I totally get it now! For some reason (maybe the small confined mirror and daylight), I can completely see my brows and that one left over hair that I missed but couldn't see in my bathroom mirror. So yes, I'm going to become that woman (though I will likely do in the comfort of a parking lot where no one is looking and not at traffic light where I'm distracted).
6. Thank you Hannah over at Sweet Tea and Stilettos for recommending a Kenra hair product. She recommended the Platinum Hot Spray 20, but I went with the Thermal Hot Spray 19 for my needs. I had been looking for a good thermal spray to use with my Chi flat iron but was not happy with the Chi thermal spray (left a funky residue in my hair). So I picked up some Kenra and tried it out this morning. So far so good! I'll let you know the results after a few uses.
7. And, last but not least, two work OOTD's for you!
|Shirt (TJ Maxx find $5); Pinstripe pants (old, Tahari); Heels (Nine West, similar HERE); Jewelry (necklace, tear drop earrings, bangles, all Stella and Dot). Nails: Essie Smokin' Hot|
|Shirt (elastic belted): Forever 21 (old); Cropped Pants: Ann Taylor similar HERE , Shoes: Tory Burch Reva HERE; Jewelry: Stella and Dot Necklace HERE and pearl stud earrings; Nails: Essie Skirting the Issue|
Happy Wednesday Y'all!